Wednesday 26 September 2012

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

If Boots gave you the option to try a new little gadget out for free you would give it a go wouldn't you? Well, being a sucker for a gadget and on a very long quest to find the perfect foundation, I thought I would pop along to the No7 counter.
 
The No7 gadget sets out to help women find their perfect colour match in their range of foundations. It's incredibly simple to do. They zap the gadget on both sides of your face to match the colour of your skin to the nearest colour within their foundation. You then discuss your skin type with the advisor until you have decided on a foundation suitable for your skin type.
 
The No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation seemed the most suitable for my oily skin.

 
 
Boots No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation has been created with fine, oil-absorbing powders. The moisturising complex helps to balance oily and dry areas and the mattifying formula promises to make pores less visible. It also has salicylic acid to help prevent blemishes whilst keeping pores clear and contains SPF 15 to protect against the aging effects of the sun.
 
Sounds perfect doesn't it?

I expected to be disappointed with the coverage of this foundation as I usually find liquid foundations to thin, but, not this one. It has a medium coverage that is very buildable, without leaving you looking like it has been caked on. This covered my dark circles, blemishes and spots, although some areas need concealer but this is to be expected with the majority of foundations. I would go out without concealer because it only shows the odd flaw which I think is actually quite natural looking. The finish of this product is not dewy but not completely matte either, it's more of a satin finish. The natural finish stays looking natural all day and biggest joy of them all is that it doesn't oxidise!

This has quite a thick formulation, so I'd recommend priming or moisturising before using it, then it applies flawlessly. This blends well with a stippling brush, but I did find it blended even better when using my fingers and you can build up certain areas very easily. For as long as I can remember I've applied foundation with a brush, but I am quite liking applying the product with my fingers as it means product isn't wasted my absorbing into the brush.

(Lighest Shade: Calico - 43)

The packaging isn't anything special, but is decent especially for the price. This fits well into my make-up bag because it is tall and thin. The bottle has a pump dispenser which makes it hygienic and very practical. Although the packaging is simple, however, I do like the fact that it is clear so you can see when you are running out of product. Plus, the pump dispenser means every last drop out product will be used - very economical.


As for the oil control, I cannot fault it. This has to be the best foundation I've used on my oily skin; I lasted 8 hours before I reached for the powder. Admittedly, I probably could have lasted longer without powder as my skin didn't feel greasy or dirty. It's not the 12 hours that No7 claim, but it pretty damn close!

I've yet to find a foundation that works so well on my skin for such a reasonable price. You get the usual 30ml of product for just £12.50

Would you recommend any of the No7 products?

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment