Monday 8 October 2012

Benefit The Porefessional Primer

When it comes to my skin I will always claim that I was born a very unlucky child. I won't bore you with my long list of flaws (I wouldn't have enough battery life on my laptop), but believe me, I have my fair share of flaws.

Using foundations is a real challenge in itself, not only do I have to trawl the shops and online trying to find the perfect pale shade, it has to also last on oily skin. Oh, but that isn't all. I have extremely noticeable open pores. I guess it's like having puddles on my face.

I give you one guess to pick the most recommended product to disguise open pores. Yes, you've got it. The cult beauty product, the Benefit Porefessional Primer.



The lightweight, oil-free primer is designed to minimise the appearance of those mammouth pores when it’s either worn as a primer beneath makeup, where it creates a smooth canvas for foundation and powder, and/or applied on top of your face paint throughout the day, where it softens the skin with a matte finish.

Not one to go on about my pale skin, of course, I was a little worried of the primers brown tint. Despite its appearance, it appears fully translucent once applied, and blended very easily and dried in no time.

(Swatched)

(Blended)

The lemony floral scent can at first seem quite overpowering, but once it had dried I didn't notice the scent once. Overall though, it smells really nice so wouldn't have minded if it had lasted the whole day. But, scents are personal.

The product does contain silicones, so if you like Smashbox Photofinish Primer like me, then you’ll probably love how The Porefessional feels on your skin. The Porefessional has a silky, lotion-like texture you get with a lot of products that contain silicone. Often with silicone based products it can feel like you're wearing a mask, but it didn't feel any different to my product free skin.

The tube packaging makes this very easily to dispense you're required amount without wasting the product. Word of advice though, dispense many small amounts instead of few large amounts. This way you don't use to much and don't clog up the nozzle.


Didn't I notice a difference? Yes, the size of my pores had visibly reduced which I was chuffed with. The only criticism is that this primer does not leave me oil-free as a lot of my other favourite primers do. I guess I have to choose which I would prefer on the day.

The Benefit Porefessional Primer isn't cheap at £23.50, but if a primer creates the flawless foundation base it could well be worth it.

Anyone found the dream product for large pores?

xox


1 comment:

  1. I really like this product! Perfect for winter although not so good in the summer months! Xx

    ReplyDelete