Saturday 15 September 2012

No7 Shine Free Primer

As someone who is never satisfied I decided to take a break from my Smashbox Primer and started my quest to find a primer just as good but also cheaper and more easily accessible for myself.
 
Without a shadow of doubt, Boots was going to be my destination for mission primer. After perusing the aisles I came across this one, the No7 Shine Free Primer.
 

As someone who regularly bores you about my oily skin this sounded like the perfect product for myself.
 
 No7 claim that this primer will 'Keep shiny skin under control all day long, with this mattifying oil-free base. Light reflecting particles help disguise fine lines and flaws, while oil absorbing Biopol helps minimise blemishes and blot away shine without blocking pores. Contains watermelon and cucumber extracts to help soothe and cool your skin. Formulated to be non-pore blocking. Hypo-allergenic'.
 
The helpful lady at the No7 counter recommended that I pat this on, or at least glide it on, as opposed to rubbing it on. I followed her advice, and tried all other techniques possible when applying a primer.
 
After trialling various techniques, foundations and moisturisers with this product I have come to the conclusion that this does not do anything it claims to do!
 
When applying it was sticky, thick and has a consistency almost clay-like. If that wasn't off-putting enough it smelt like PVA glue. Every time I tried applying this I was left with lumps of product just sitting on my skin and the areas I did manage to spread onto my skin just sat very visibly on the skin. Once I had applied a foundation on top it looked even worse, it looked like my skin was flaking all over.
 

As for my already visible pores, they seemed to appear even larger with this product. Rather than gliding over them and hiding the appearance they just sat around them making them the focal point of my face.
 
The staying power is incredible, but then again this is something I would expect of clay-like product. If they managed to create a product which did leave a satiny feel on the skin it would be amazing. However, I would never use this product again!
 
If I did have to pick something I liked about this product then it would be the packaging. It's practical and not too fancy.
 
 
I think it's fairly obvious that I will not be purchasing this primer again. Perhaps the saying is true, you get what you pay for?
 
Any of you know a good primer at an affordable price?
 
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment