Tuesday 18 September 2012

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation

If there is one woman who seems to outdo herself every time she releases a new product, then it is that of Bobbi Brown.
 
Bobbi Brown has proven that she is the queen of foundation with her highly anticipated, newly released Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation with SPF15.
 
 
Never someone who likes to use my foundation right up until the end before repurchasing, I decided to move away from the comfort blanket (my current Max Factor foundation) and decided to try another product from the Bobbi Brown range, as they usually never fail to disappoint. This product had only been released the day before I took a visit to the Bobbi Brown counter, so I was very excited to try such a new product!
 
Although I may not be sophisticated or elegant I always see myself reaching for products with that type of packaging. I think its wishful thinking that I will one day ooze elegance - I can dream on. The frosted bottle did it for. Not only is it simple yet chic looking, it is also very sturdy. As someone who likes to put all my products through a challenge, the  glass bottle does withstand being chucked onto the floor without breaking. If you do a fair bit of travelling then you may want to decant some of the product into a smaller container as obviously this glass bottle is fairly heavy.
 
 
Never one to compromise of practicality, Bobbi Brown has ensured that the product is not wasted by using a pump dispenser on the bottle. This makes it hygienic as well. If you fancy reusing the cute bottle then you can as the pump dispenser is not attached.
 
 
My shade is Porcelain (0), the lightest shade available in this foundation. This is a very pale foundation, so suits my ghostly skins tone perfectly. It's worth noting that foundations which include SPF, like this one, do tend to be a lighter than those that do not. With this foundation you do not need to compromise by having the SPF15, you leave your skin protected without having a white cast on the face, even when being photographed. Although there is a yellow tone to this product you needn't be scared, the yellow neutralises any redness in the skin and illuminates without leaving you looking like to appear in The Simpsons. This disappears onto my skin flawlessly and naturally, I look like I am not wearing any foundation!
 
 
 
The foundation is gel based, which is perfect for us oily skinned consumers. It has a whipped consistency that helps the product to glide on leaving a smooth appearance on the skin. The creamy texture means that little blending it required of the foundation, it leaves the skin even in an instance.
The coverage is impressive of a liquid foundation, as it yields a full coverage, something that is hard to find in liquid foundations. This foundation covered blemishes, scars and dark circles without the help of a concealer. Although it has a full coverage it doesn't leave you looking made-up, it's very natural. It leaves a semi-matte appearance on the skin, perfect for those who have oily skin but still want to look dewy without being oily.
 
The Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation is described as "a natural looking and long-wearing foundation. Ultra comfortable and hydrating, this medium to full coverage formula leaves skin looking poreless, perfected, and fresh up to 12 hours even in the most humid conditions. Includes broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF15 for daily protection against future damage". And, it pretty much lives up to its claims. Unfortunately it did not last twelve hours on my skin but rather six, nevertheless this is very good for a foundation on my oily skin.
 
While the full coverage aspect sounds scary to many people, especially those with oily skin, I did not suffer with breakouts or blocked pores. Even when I had worn this for hours and touched up, the product still felt fresh and not like it had been pasted on.
 
If there is one thing that I am going to criticise about this product then it is the scent. Lavender is not one of my favourite scents and usually leaves my eyes watering, however, this doesn't. Initially you can smell it, but once I had applied it to my skin I did not smell it again.
 
Bobbi Brown just seems to better and better herself every time she releases a new product. And, topping my chart of best foundations is this one, despite the £30 price tag!
 
Anyone found a long-lasting foundation?
 
xox

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog - I'm following!

    I've just started blogging over at http://saskiasattic.blogspot.co.uk/ - perhaps you'd be kind enough to pay a visit?!

    Thanks, Saskia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at this foundation for a while now but I've never been sure it will be worth the price tag. I might have to give it a go after reading this, its by far the best review i've seen :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it, I've yet to find a foundation that beats it!

      Thanks, glad you liked it :)

      Laura x

      Delete