Wednesday 11 April 2012

Sweet Bliss

I became a victim of the Debenhams Easter Extravaganza at the weekend; I innocently thought I would walk through the shop, without buying anything, just to avoid the downpour of rain outside. However, I got to the Bliss counter and was suddenly sucked in by the 20% off sign.

I'm a fan of Bliss anyway so I wouldn't take much persuading, but the one thing that does put me off buying Bliss products is the price tag. Being a poor student it is a little out of my price range. So, with the money off I thought I would treat myself.



I bought the Bliss Fabulips Treatment Kit, specifically because on that very day my lips looked like a shrivelled up lobster - red, sore, cracked, and all shrivelled. Not a good look. I thought what better lips to put the cutely named product to the test!


The treatment consists of four steps: Refresh, Retexturize,Rejuvenate and Replenish.


Refresh: This product is rather unusual. Like with any effective routine you need to start off with a blank canvas, so this product which is a lip foam cleanser removes all those impurities, such as lipstick. It starts of as a gel, but once you've applied it to your lips and left it for around thirty seconds it develops in to foam and then you just simply rinse it off. Must admit it's an odd product, but it worked really well.

 
 
Retexturize: This lip scrub smelled amazing, unlike some other brands out there that smell of chemicals. It smells and tastes (not that I would recommend eating it) of vanilla and orange. The scrub consists of very small granules of sugar, almond and walnut shell. You'll find with this product that a little goes a very long way. I used this on dry lips, simply moving it around my lips using circular motions and then wiped if off with a damp flannel. It left my lips very smooth and hydrated something my lips very rarely are!
 
 



Rejuvenate: This has to be my favourite product out of the kit, the instant lip plumper. It hydrates and plumps your lip without any pain, unlike the majority of lip plumper’s available. It also has a nice minty flavour to it, although its scent isn't over powering. What I like about this product is that it leaves the lips looking very glossy.




Replenish: This softening lip balm, does as it promises. Although I would not use this at the same time as the other products, purely because you cannot really put it on top of the lip plumper, as an individual product this is amazing. I plan to replace my usual Carmex lip balm with this one. This bombards your lips with lots of natural goodness, including, Shea butter, jojoba and grape seed oil. This balm is very soft, so if you’re not keen on putting products on your lips, with this product you won't even notice you have anything on, and it leaves quite a matt finish to the lips also.





Overall, I loved this kit and am very happy that I finally splashed out and bought it. I admit it is a little pricey; however, I loved how great my lips felt after. My lips lack hydration, and from just putting these products on once I noticed a huge difference in how they felt. Plus, this kit is going to last a very long time so I won't have to buy another one for quite a while. I would highly recommend this kit if you have troublesome lips... I have a feeling I will now be addicted to these products!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment