Saturday 18 August 2012

Clarisonic Mia

Ignoring the price, I am an absolute sucker for a beauty gadget. Looking at the price I'm not so much, but after hearing rave reviews and seeing some pretty impressive pictures, I decided to take the plunge (in to my bank account) and purchase a Clarisonic Mia Compact Sonic Facial Cleansing System.

Don't be put off by its ridiculously long name!


The Clarisonic Mia is a lightweight, compact cleansing system that uses sonic technology. So, to achieve healthier skin this cleansing system uses 300 movements per second which flexes the skin back and forth over a very short difference. This sonic technology gently cleans pores, loosens dirt, make-up and oil.

The cleansing system claims to remove up to six times more make-up than manual cleansing. Plus, help reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. It also aims to reduce oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes. Basically, this products aims to improve the appearance and condition of your skin, which in turn should also help those facial products work better.


This product can suit every skin type; you simply just need to choose the correct brush head. The Mia is supplied with a sensitive brush head, however when purchased from QVC UK, you also receive the normal brush head as well as one for delicate skin too. The Mia comes with a brush lid with holes in it to allow evaporation of water and prevent damage to the brush bristles. These brush heads are interchangeable with other Clarisonic skin cleansing models and you can also buy replacement brush heads very easily from a range of stockists. It's vital to keep the brush heads clean and to replace them every three months to prevent spreading bacteria around the skin. However, to make them last as long as possible, regularly clean the brush head in shampoo and then spray with anti-bacteria spray.


This impressive little gadget is completely waterproof so I can use it in the shower without the fear of being electrocuted. Unlike other Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Systems this one only has one button and is set to one speed, making it incredibly easy to use. Although this product is battery operated it's pretty inventive in the design of its charging. Mia uses a unique pLink power link charger, it uses a magnet that attaches to the bottom of the handle and once fully charged allows for twenty minutes of usage. Therefore, if you use it for the recommended one minute a day, twice a day, you can use it for ten days before having to charge it up again. When the Clarisonic is low on battery, it produces these pulses at the end of each use. 

This will be your perfect travel companion if you also have the original  Clarisonic, as the Mia is fifteen times smaller than the original. However, it is still fairly large and surprisingly heavy. As someone who doesn't do much travelling this is perfect for me as it means I need less room in the cupboard to store it. Some people like to take this to the gym with them which is fine, however if you're going to pop it in your university bag with around six textbooks you probably wouldn't want the extra few pounds in your bag. Saying that, I'm not sure you would unnecessarily carry it around with you anyway.


The Mia will fit into and complement your skin regime so don't feel the need to change it too much if you purchase the Mia.

On a morning I apply a small amount of cleanser on to damp skin, I then dampen the Clarisonic brush head and run across my face. It's recommended that you spend twenty seconds on your forehead, twenty seconds on your nose and chin and then ten seconds on each cheek. Once the minute is up the Mia will automatically turn off. I also like to use this on my neck and décolleté for a minute. After doing this I then rinse my face and apply my day cream and continue my regime and make-up as normal.

On an evening first of all, I remove my eye make-up with Gatineau Floracil on a cotton pad - it is recommended that you remove all eye make-up first. I then quickly remove the remainder of my make-up with a facial wipe. Although the device comes with a small travel sized Clarisonic Gentle Hydro Cleanser, I still like to use my usual cleanser with the Clarisonic. After removing my make-up with the facial wipes I then massage some Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish onto my face and neck. I then place the Mia under running warm water and then cleanse my face. I have very sensitive skin so use the sensitive brush head which is lovely and soft and doesn't aggravate my skin. Once the one minute is up, I then do the same on my neck and décolleté. I finish my rinsing my face and applying all my usual lotions and potions.

Was this a decision well made? Most definitely, like many people I was sceptical about whether this cleansing system could add anything more to what my current skin regime was already doing, but it has. My oily skin  now seems a lot more balanced, my T-Zone stays shine free for an extra two hours longer than it did before. After testing the Clarisonic for a month I have noticed that I have suffered with fewer breakouts - the ones I have suffered with I put down to hormones.

It works deeply yet gently (if you choose the right brush head for you) to clear pores and prepares your skin for increased absorption, which is turn makes your moisturiser reach its full potential. My moisturiser sinks in well after using the device and my skin has begun to look a lot brighter and smoother in texture. I have also noticed a very visible difference in the size of my pores and blackheads, especially around my nose. Admittedly, there is a knack to using the Mia around and on the nose area, but if you persevere you will get there.

At around £120 it is on the pricey side, however, I would definitely recommend this, especially for  those who have oily skin or who are prone to breakouts. I think the only downside is the price especially if you're on a budget, so I would suggest maybe putting it on your Christmas list. Or, like in my case, stop wasting my student loan.

This is a large investment which is why I rambled on. I wanted to ensure that people got to hear my honest opinion on as much as the product as possible.

Anyone seen any improvements in their skin from using a Clarisonic?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment