Saturday 11 August 2012

Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF35

Once a unique product, the BB Cream has since become a phenomenon, a vast amount of brands have jumped onto the very crowded bandwagon eager to release their version of the BB Cream.

Out of the six BB Creams I have tried and tested in the last few months, all have failed to reach my expectations. Admittedly I do have very high standards.

Bobbi Brown, not one to be left behind decided to create a BB Cream, albeit one with a difference as she describes it as the 'reinvented BB Cream'.



This BB Cream is 'inspired by a skincare/makeup hybrid that's a cult favourite in Asia'. It's claimed that this BB Cream works as a moisturiser, treatment and a broad spectrum sunscreen.

There are four aspects to making this BB Cream the ultimate one. Firstly, it balances the skin by attracting moisture to the skin. It brightens your skin as it contains light reflective pigments as well as Scutellaria Extract, Caffeine and Sucrose which help to create a clearer, more even skin tone. The skin is renewed as the wrinkle-fighting Argireline Peptide helps to boost your skin's natural collagen production. The presence of SPF35 provides a broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection while Vitamin E protects the skin from free radical damage.


I purchased the Extra Light shade; I would say this is suitable for those between the Alabaster and Porcelain shades in the Bobbi Brown foundation range. I have yet to find a BB Cream that is as light as this one, so if you've struggled to find one light enough then I would definitely give this one a go. The other four shades in the BB Cream range are Light, Fair, Medium and Medium to Dark.

(Out the tube)

(Blended - Sorry if my veins made you feel a bit queasy, I didn't realise at the time)

The coverage is very impressive for a BB Cream; it offers a medium coverage which leaves a very natural look on the skin. It provides more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as some foundations. However, the lightweight and buildable formula does mean the coverage can be built up for a fuller coverage. I have used this without concealer; it covered my dark circles and the majority of blemishes on my chin.

I was drawn to this product because it contains natural minerals to help absorb and control excess surface oil on the skin, as most of you are aware my oily skin drives me crazy. The finish of this product is not dewy but not quite matte; I would say it leaves you with more of a glow. This look lasted for around five hours on my skin before I started developing shine, this is about average for my skin. To remove the skin I blotted my skin and applied some more of the BB Cream and it looked just as good as when I applied it in the morning.

If you have a foundation which you love but isn't giving you enough coverage then I would recommend trying this as a base to diminish the appearance of those flaws. I did this and didn't need to apply as much foundation as before.

For those lazy days where you just want to apply something quickly and have a fresh look then this is perfect, if you prefer to always wear a fuller coverage on the skin then you are perhaps better suited to a foundation as £28.00 is a lot of money to justify especially if you're just using it as a base.


The added bonus is that of the ingredients which provide protection from sun damage. They are chemicals so if you have extremely sensitive skin then this may not be the best product for you. I have sensitive skin and have had no reaction to this product as of yet and I have been using this product for three weeks.

Quick note on the packaging, it is simple and sophisticated. But, the nozzle does mean you need to be careful when dispensing the product as you only need a small amount. I've just got the knack of dispensing the right amount, as a little really does go a long way.

Are there any other BB Creams you recommend?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment