Saturday 28 July 2012

Liz Earle Skin Repair Mosituriser - Normal/Combination

One word that sends a shudder down my spine is 'moisturiser'. Previous experiences have left me a little wary of all moisturisers. I've always feared that a moisturiser would leave my already oily skin even oilier, I've not had much luck with oil-free moisturisers either.

After stumbling on to the Liz Earle website I ended up having a browse through the various types of moisturisers. I was intrigued at the different types available, none claiming to be oil-free yet suitable for oily skin. I bravely added to my shopping basket and paid for it. Inside I was praying that I hadn't wasted my money again on another product not suitable for me.

So, four weeks later, do I regret it? Definitely not!

Although my skin is oily, I had also been suffering with dry patches so was advised to use the Normal/Combination moisturiser, the other types available include Combination/Oily, Combination/Oily Light and Dry/Sensitive.


The Normal/Combination version worked well for me, when applied the dry patches on my cheeks immediately disappeared but surprisingly I remained oil-free for exactly the same time as I would without wearing any moisturiser at all. Within the next few days I also noticed an improvement in my dry patches as they gradually began to disappear, by the end of week two they had completely disappeared.

Despite nourishing and moisturising my skin this did not overload, it actually helped to regulate my skins oil production as my skin was less oily during the night.

If you thought this product sounds pretty amazing then wait till you hear this. This moisturiser is packed full with organic, gentle, calming and active-skin conditioning ingredients - which explain why I saw an improvement in my pigmentation on my cheeks and also blemishes. Scars which I have had for years were dramatically reduced something I wasn't expecting! Here are some of the beneficial ingredients, "Rich in natural actives, including borage oil (a rich source of the essential fatty acid GLA) and natural antioxidants beta-carotene and vitamin E to replace lost moisturise and help protect against dryness. Naturally active ingredients include borage and avocado oils to moisturise and smooth."

There is no added fragrance to this product; the medicinal smell is purely there because of the organic products. To me, the medicinal smell makes me remember how healthy and beneficial it is for me. Some of you may dislike the smell, but even so, it does not linger on the skin. Simply massage it onto your face and neck, wait a minute and this will have sunk into your skin leaving no residue as it's fairly light (although it doesn't look it in the jar).


As for packaging, it's simple yet practical. Plus, it's in a fairly pretty colour.


All these benefits come at a price of £18.75 (for a 50ml jar). Admittedly I have never paid that much for a moisturiser before but this shouldn't need replacing too often. Plus, having used this product along with the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish I can definitely see why this company are so highly recommended. I think the company show how natural, active-ingredients are better for your skin.

Which moisturisers do you use? What is your price limit for a moisturiser?

Hope you're all enjoying the sun!

xox


2 comments:

  1. I've got a sample of this, but wasn't too fussed on it at first use. I'll give it another go though seeing as you rate it so highly. I love their Cleanse and Polish. LOVE IT. I've got a review ready on my blog for it but not published it just yet.

    I'm using Clarins HydraQuench moisturiser at the moment. It's about £33 ish. Hmm I'd happily pay more if it was really worth it. I'd rather pay less of course! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, really helped improve my skin. I'll have a read when you publish it.

      I've heard good things about it so will probably give it a try once I've finished this one. Haha, very true! x

      Delete