Friday 6 July 2012

Liz Earle: Cleanse and Polish

If an award was available for the most talked about product in the beauty industry then it would have to go to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish. Although, as there are hundreds of reviews available I'm sure this comes as no surprise, so I decided to listen to the masses and trial this product.


The Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser is the only cleanser available from the Liz Earle brand they say, "This formulation is the ultimate in concentrated yet gentle cleansing power and works on every age and skin type. Our plant based cleanser has a two-phase action, phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up even stubborn mascara. Phase two is the polishing. Polish off the cream using the pure muslin cloth to gently dislodge dead skin cells and help reveal clean, soft and radiant skin. Naturally active ingredients include eucalyptus and cocoa butter for smoother clearer skin."

The design of the bottle ensures that there is no mess, plus there means there is no need to squeeze the tube to an inch of your life once you reach the bottom of a tube. You only need two pumps of this cleanser to remove all your make-up. You simply apply the cleanser to a dry face, you can be wearing a complete face of make-up so there is no need to use face wipes. I found this hard to adjust to as I'm so use to wetting my face first and then applying a cleanser, but I actually now prefer this method as it saves me from having to dry the bathroom up because I've gotten water everywhere!

Once you have applied the creamy cleanser all over your face, neck and décolleté, you simply run your muslin cloth (which is provided with the cleanser) under warm water and use this to remove your make-up and cleanser. Another beneficial factor to using this cleanser is that the muslin cloth also works as an exfoliator and therefore leaves your skin more radiant, refreshed and revitalised.

The cleanser has a healthy yet gorgeous smell to it because it is only formulated with natural ingredients. The fragrance is not overpowering and does not last on the skin; it does have a calming effect on the skin as well as yourself.


I purchased the 100ml bottle, about six months ago and I have just finished the bottle, and I used two pumps every morning and evening. I made the investment of £12.75 not expecting it to make any difference to my skin; however this has dramatically improved the appearance and condition of my skin.

As soon as I became a teenager my skin took a turn for the worse, my skin became incredibly oily, spotty, red and even had uneven skin tone. I was sceptical about whether this product could improve my skin, but much to my amazement it has. This cleanser has helped the improve the appearance of scarring from spots making them almost disappear, reduced the redness and my skin started to co-operate instead of turning into one bit oil slick which has stopped me from developing spots (apart from the occasional hormonal one).

The Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish dramatically changed my skin; it looked healthier and hydrated, something I have never witnessed from another cleanser. This may not be the cheapest cleanser but it's worth purchasing. I've been converted, I'm sure many of you will be to.

Have any of you seen improvements in your skin from using this?

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment