Friday 20 July 2012

Clarins UV Plus Day Screen High Protection SPF40

One phobia that impacts my life every day is the fear of ageing, I know I'm vain. This is why I religiously put sun protection on my skin every day that I leave my house, no matter the season. Sun protection is the first line of defence against skin ageing, I always remember that sun damage is irreversible; I don't just use sun protection for my vanity. I am very aware that I have severely damaged my skin in the past from burning, which I why I now use sun protection to avoid and future damage.

When searching the various high-street shops I found it incredibly hard to find an oil free sun cream that had an SPF higher than 30, that was until I stumbled across this product - Clarins UV Plus Day Screen High Protection SPF40.


The product claims to be an ultimate natural, non-chemical day screen. This day screen has anti-UV and anti-pollution protection 100% micro dispersed mineral filters that guarantees optimal tolerance for even delicate skin. While this sounds very technical, it basically means that this product should be very good!


The main ingredient in the Clarins UV Plus Day Screen High Protection SPF40 is titanium dioxide, a natural mineral sunscreen that protects skin from UVA and UVB radiation and is considered to have no risk of skin irritation.

Other ingredients include thermus thermophillus ferment which has antioxidant properties against UV damage and maintains a skin barrier. Also included is tocopheryl acetate and camellia sinensis leaf extract these protect the skin against pollution and free radicals.

Unfortunately it does contain a handful of skin irritant ingredients such as alcohol, fragrance and sodium lauryl sulfate, however even with my sensitive skin I have no suffered from any irritations or reactions. 

There are two versions of this product available, a tinted version which is rose pink in colour (this is the one I purchased) and a non-tinted version which applies transparent. Both do exactly the same job, however the one I bought has pinkish sheer tone which helps to reduce the redness in my skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes - not dramatically, but slightly. Plus, it didn't bring me out in spots because it is so lightweight.

(Swatched)

(Blended)

There is no fancy application with this sun protection. Firstly, shake the bottle to ensure all the ingredients are mixed together. Then apply with light pressing motions starting in the middle of the face and then moving outwards. After, quickly smooth on with your fingertips. I like how this can be applied around the eye contour, but careful not to get it in your eyes. The mineral finish of this make-up leaves it unrecognisable on the skin; there is no sheen or dewy finish. It looks just like your natural skin!

If there is maybe one flaw with this product it is the packaging, specifically the nozzle. You will need to be careful as you can end up getting a lot more product than you wanted because it is a liquid. I've started using a few small amounts rather than one large amount of product, that way I don't waste it. Some of you may also be put off by the fragrance from this product, to me it smells like marzipan, once applied to the skin you can't smell it. 


Admittedly this isn't cheap, a 50ml bottle retails at £30. But, I have yet to find sun protection that I like as much as this!

Are any of you worried about ageing too?

xox


2 comments:

  1. I was thinking this was my dream product until I saw the price tag - a bit out of my range I think! I'm as obsessed with ageing as you are though, every day I use an anti ageing cleanser, toner and day cream, and am on the hunt for a night cream. Cant get old!

    Alice

    http://secretsofawannabecharlotte.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I know the price is a bit steep, don't think I'll be able to purchase it again till I've got enough points on my Boots advantage card. Haha! Me too, getting old actually scares me. I always told myself the younger I start anti-ageing the better I'll look and I won't get many wrinkles. That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

      Laura.

      Delete