Thursday 12 July 2012

Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Compact

Bobbi Brown is renowned for her extensive range of foundations, which cover a vast amount of skin tones. Therefore, I thought it was only right that on my quest to finding the perfect foundation I should try the award winning Bobbi Brown range.


Having wasted hundreds of pounds on money purchasing foundations which have not suited my oily skin, I checked out the website to find a foundation guide. The foundation guide showed a range of foundations and which skin type they were best suited for, this reassured me that I wasn't wasting my money!

It is claimed that this foundation is a "Portable oil-free compact foundation is great for normal to oily and oily skin types on the go. Easily blendable for long lasting true colour with full coverage. Comes with a compact sponge for easy application".

This seemed like my ideal foundation and to a certain extent it is, however there are some drawbacks to the product.


An attraction to the entire Bobbi Brown range is the many shades available, ranging from incredibly pale (Alabaster, which is me) to the darkest dark. This means there should be a foundation shade to suit your skin tone. The range is primarily for women with yellow skin tones; however, I found that even with the red tone present in my skin it still looked very natural.

Alabaster, the shade which I am was unavailable so I decided to go up a shade to Porcelain which makes my skin look warmer. Although this is not my natural shade, it still looked natural on my skin and did not leave me looking orange.


Designed with ease this compact is perfect for putting in your handbag and taking with you wherever you go. However, some of you may dislike how large the compact is, it wasn't a problem for me as it signified the large amount of product I was getting. The clever design means you have the foundation and applicator all in one place, as well as the handy large mirror. The sponge applicator is hidden underneath the foundation pallet; you just lift the pallet up to access the sponge.


This foundation has a very unique texture to it, but one which I prefer over any foundation that I have tried before. It's creamy, highly pigmented and leaves a matte flawless finish. This covered my dark circles, red cheeks, spots and blemished skin with ease. No trace of any imperfections at all!

Although the sponge is provided, I prefer to put this product on with a foundation brush as it creates a more flawless look. Plus, you can create your desired coverage by simply applying thin layers on to the skin.

I've yet to experience a foundation that is as long lasting as this one. I wore this for 14 hours the other day, usually my skin would have turned into an oily mess, but there was only a small amount of shine which looked more dewy than oily. Plus, I've not had any breakouts whilst using this foundation, which is brilliant seeing as I wear full coverage. The only problem I have with this foundation is that I need to wear a good primer otherwise the foundation sits in my open pores.

Admittedly, this isn't cheap as it retails at £31.00, but you do get a lot of product for your money as it goes such a long way and you need very little to get a full coverage.

I've now converted to the Bobbi Brown range and will definitely be trying some more products out.

What's the best foundation you've ever tried?

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment