Tuesday 1 May 2012

Priming the Canvas

It's fair to say that the majority of us want flawless looking skin. The one thing that I've realised is that, this is never going to happen to me without using a primer.

I've been quite reluctant to use primers in the past just because I hate using too many products on my already very blemished skin. However, I've decided to give a primer a go.

After spending a lot of time searching for products and reading reviews I decided to purchase... Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer. I admit it is a bit of a mouthful.



I decided on this primer because it is a celebrity in the beauty world, so to speak. It's won various awards for InStyle, Marie Claire and Sephora, just to name a few.

Does it live up to the hype?

Photo Finish Primer comes in a variety of forms, including, clear, colour correcting, light version and anti-shine.

The aspect that I like about this primer is that it includes Vitamin A and E, as well as Grape Seed Extract and Green Tea Extract.

I'm very fussy when it comes to the texture of products, however I liked this one. It comes out of the tube gel-like, but once applied to the skin it mattes and becomes velvet-like. It glides on to the skin very easily and does not feel greasy.

Similarly to other primers on the market it helps reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, helps conceal pores and makes the application of foundation easier. It also helps the foundation to look more flawless.

This little wonder product costs £30 and can be bought from a number of places, I got mine from Debenhams. Although this product isn't cheap, it will last an incredibly long time as a little really does go a long way.

This is one of my favourite products as I really can't fault it.

Do you use a primer and if so, which one?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment