Wednesday 23 May 2012

Foundation As Light As Air

I am on a quest to find the perfect foundation for my skin. It's a challenge, as I'm quite fussy about foundations. I want good coverage, longevity and the one that I struggle with the most, a shade pale enough to match my skin tone.

I decided to give the much raved about Jemma Kidd Light As Air Foundation a try.



Let's start with the facts! This foundation retails around the £25 mark, admittedly this is an investment but it's not as expensive as many of the foundations on the market. The Jemma Kidd brand is being expanded throughout the UK; however there are still problems with availability. Obviously people like to try out foundations before they buy them, however with this product you need to make a guess and take the plunge. If you want to see a list of stockists then check the Jemma Kidd website, hopefully you'll find somewhere close to you. However if not, there are many online retailers - I purchased mine from FeelUnique.

Many will love the packaging, however many of you will hate it. Personally, I like its simplicity. It's not very stylish but is instead very practical. The squeezy tube allows you to control the amount of product you wish to disperse, that said, you do need to be careful incase it decides to overflow!



The foundation is described as being “highly blendable and lightweight in texture, with silicone coated pigments for a velvet feel and soft-focus finish, it also has balancing properties to keep the skin matte for a shine-free, even complexion and contains long-wear technology for all day staying power.” I mostly agree with everything they say!

I found this product was best applied with my fingers, as it allows you to build the coverage easily. With a brush I found I couldn't get the coverage. For reference, my skin type is Oily/Combination, on my skin this foundation left a silky finish, not quite matte but not dewy either - which I liked. It isn't obvious your wearing foundation as it has a natural, skin like finish. When I saw how runny this liquid foundation was, I was a little sceptical about the coverage that it promised to give. Much to my surprise it has a very good coverage, it managed to cover my spots and scars and even my dark circles! I would put it in the medium to full coverage category.

Now, when it comes to longevity I am happy with it but perhaps would prefer a little longer. This product lasts around 6 hours before I start getting a shiny T-Zone. Therefore, if you have dry skin this product would probably last a lot longer, vice versa, if you have oily skin this product will probably not last more than a few hours. When I do start to get shinier I simply pat some powder on, the foundation doesn't go all cakey looking.

Even though I am young I do like to look after my skin and prevent it from ageing. The thought of wrinkly skin horrifies me. If like me you believe prevention is better than cure, you will love the fact that this foundation contains an SPF 18. Perfect now were actually seeing a bit of sunshine! Also, there is no fragrance at all.

However, nothing is quite perfect in the beauty world and the one fault that I do have with this product is the fairly limited colour range. There are only 7 shades! I bought the shade Ultra Light (01), which is the palest shade. However for me this was still too dark, however did blend in very well so was able to disguise it a little. That said my skin tone resembles that of Casper the Ghost!

This is one of the best foundations I have ever tried, I'm just hoping Jemma Kidd expands her shade range, especially for us pale one's!

So, have you tried this impressive product?

xox


No comments:

Post a Comment