Saturday 2 June 2012

Summer Shoe Haul

The sunshine made a brief but lovely visit to my part of the UK; however, when it did arrive I did feel a little flustered at the lack of summer shoes I actually had in my wardrobe.

My pale tootsies needed to desperately see some sun, so I went on a dedicated shopping spree to find my summer sandals, at an affordable price!

So, what better place to start than Primark:


I love these firstly because they are my favourite colour (I'm obsessed with neutral colours), plus they will go with pretty much everything. I also like the plait detail which crosses over at the top of the foot, it is makes the foot appear a lot slimmer. Not bad for the small price of £5! 



Admittedly, these don't look very nice in the picture; however, when wearing them they do look a lot better. When I set out shopping I knew I wanted a white pair of sandals which were very simple and would go with lots of bright colours. They retail at £12, which is a little expensive considering how simplistic they are, however, they are partly made from leather so is a good price in my opinion.




These are my favourite out of all of them. Firstly, I love the navy colour; it is a very true colour. Once again, navy is a very summery colour and will go well with many colours. Obviously the nautical trend is again very big this season, as is the jubilee trend therefore these are a must-have to show off your patriotic spirit. Plus, I love the gold coloured heel on these, very cute. These are also available in red, and retail at £6.


I also visited the best shoe retailer according to the High Street Fashion Awards 2012, of course,  New Look:


Flowers are a big trend this year; I have seen them featured on many summer shoes throughout all the high-street shops. However, these are extremely pretty and look a tad more glamorous because they appear to be made enamel painted. Black is a colour that will go with many outfits and I have a feeling I am going to wear this pair to death. Considering I only paid £15 I won't be worrying if I do!




Wedges are huge this season; therefore it was only right that I went and invested in a pair. I went with my trusty navy colour, just because the navy will contrast lovely with a pair of white jeans that I have recently purchased. These wedges feature a knot on the front of the shoe and a woven wedge heel, something which adds to the nautical feel of the shoe. Wedges allow me to wear height without wrecking my feet, as the wedge doesn't have a drastic incline in height and so is rather comfortable. These simple yet elegant wedges can be yours for just £15.


Have you sorted out your footwear for the summer? Are you sticking to flats or rocking the wedges

xox 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh very nice! I love your summer shoes, especially the blue wedges. I really like flip flops for summer, but I think I might need to pop into the shops as you have given me some great inspiration :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! It's good to know people do actually read my blogs! I usually wear flip flops to but thought I would go for something different this year. Aw thanks, although not sure the miserable weather will help with your inspiration now! x

      Delete
  2. The blue sandals are so pretty.!... I wish the sun would come out so we can enjoy our summer wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm still not ready to ditch the socks and boots yet, haha :) x

      Delete