Tuesday 11 December 2012

Elemis Balancing Cleanser And Toner

 Now, I don't want to bore you again my bringing up this relatively unspoken statement, again. However, here it goes - I have very oily and spotty skin and this is the one aspect that shapes the whole of my skincare regime. Never satisfied with the appearance of my skin, I regularly browse the various beauty sites looking to see what products will help combat my troublesome skin.
 
The latest products that caught my eye were the Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser and the Balancing Lavender Toner.
 

Sticking to a skincare regime is not something that I'm use to, I have to admit in the past I've been pretty lazy. Frequently, the most strenuous activity during the removal of my make-up would be wiping my face with a wipe - I know, it's not very impressive. For the benefit of you guys (well, myself really but I'm in the Christmas spirit) I have stuck to these products, morning and evening, religiously for seven weeks!

Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser:


This cleanser with is designed specifically for combination skin has a creamy consistency, although it is also verging on the edge of being a lotion. It contains extracts of lime blossom (as you probably guessed by the name), egg yolk protein and vitamin E and F - products which are going to work with your skin rather than against it.
 
This is a lovely gentle cleanser that worked really well on my sensitive skin; it did not leave my skin irritated in the slightest. As somebody who is particularly fussy about fragrances I really cannot complain as there is barely a smell, it smells very fresh and quite plain really. Admittedly, I did get this into my eyes and there was no stinging or pain, which I found a little odd but still I'm not complaining!
 
The only problem that I have with this product is that I still need to remove my make-up with a face wipe beforehand as this cleanser seems to have a problem with removing foundation, but this may be because I wear quite long-lasting foundation. Also, you can't really remove your eye make-up with this cleanser either, unless you want to be there all night.
 
Overall, I can't complain with this cleanser as it leaves my skin feeling clean and it does keep my shine at bay a lot longer than other cleansers do. So, if you have combination skin I would highly recommend, as the number of blemishes I had reduced significantly!
 
Balancing Lavender Toner:
 
 
Now, I know toners are not really seen as a staple item in many people's beauty regimes but I'm never one to follow to crowd. I love this toner; a lot more than the cleanser, even though it smells of lavender which is a fragrance that usually plays havoc with my eyes - but not this one.
 
Lavender is meant to be great for problematic skin as it soothes blemishes, this toner also contains Quillaja Wood and Sweet Betty Flower (Yes, this is new to me as well, but it sounds good!), these are meant to soften and balance the skin.
 
Not surprisingly, Elemis live up to its claims as this product leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean without the tight feeling you can often get with toners. And, although it doesn't claim to do this, my pores seemed minimised which is an added bonus. I use this morning and evening and it makes a large difference to my skin, as it ensures all my make-up is removed in case the cleanser hasn't managed to fully cleanse my skin.
 
The Elemis Balancing Lime Blossom Cleanser retails at £21, as does the Elemis Balancing Lavender. Elemis is avaialble from a range of places including, Feel Unique, Debenhams, QVC UK and more.
 
Has anyone else been impressed by Elemis products? Can anyone recommend a good cleanser and toner to try once I have finished this?
 
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment